|The consultancys principal, John Muller, is a Professional Metallurgist with 20 years post-graduate experience in metalliferous ore processing including lead/zinc, gold, copper and nickel. Career progression through technical roles at plant level to senior management roles at site and divisional levels. Demonstrated expertise in operational management, organisational effectiveness, operations enhancement and productivity improvements, work force management and technical skill.
- Successfully implemented STOP for Safety programs within two of WMC Resources Limiteds Nickel Division concentrators.
- Manned and commissioned the Goodall Gold CIL plant 1 month ahead of budget achieving 40% above budget production and sustaining the lowest operating cost of any WMC Resources Limited gold plant 1988 through 1990.
- Achieved increased nickel recoveries throughout WMC Resources Limiteds Nickel Division by 1.5% to 5.0%.
- Through the implementation of organisation change have achieved work force reductions in the range 20% to 26%.
- Application of productivity enhancement processes and cost control measures achieved cost improvements of 13% to 20%.
- Resolved the AWUs 1994 enterprise agreement claim at the Kambalda Nickel Concentrator by the introduction of individual contracts of employment.
- Facilitated the Metallurgy Productivity Optimisation process at Acacia Resources Union Reefs Gold Mine resulting in a 15% improvement in throughput and the initiation of an expansion study to raise throughput from the current 2.5 mtpa to 2.75 mtpa.
- Provided expert technical opinion to WMC Resources Limited in regard to their opposition of a minerals processing patent.
1992 - current:
UNSW, Masters in Mine Management (90% complete)
SAIT, B Applied Science - secondary metallurgy.
- Member, Australian Institute of Mining and Metallurgy
- Member, Society for Mining, Metallurgy and Exploration Inc.
Executive Consulting Assignments:
- For Acacia Resources at their Union Reefs Gold Mine acting as Mill Superintendent, initiating and facilitating the development and implementation of the Metallurgy Productivity Optimisation achieving a 15% increase in throughput and a study into a further 10% production expansion.
- Provided expert technical opinion for WMC Resources Limited Nickel Division for their opposition to a minerals processing patent with subsequent court testimony pending.
- At BHP Iron Ore Newman participate in the Mine Maintenance Productivity Improvement Project targeting 20% to 30% cost improvements.
Internal Consulting Assignments:
- Carried out a Mine/Mill grade bias review of Mt. Keith Operations identifying deficiencies in sampling and metal accounting practices.
- Facilitated audits of Mt. Keith Operations & Kambalda Nickel Operations Victor Mine, mine grade and production resulting in improved grade estimation techniques.
- Conducted laboratory and assay quality assurance audits at Mt. Keith Operations and Leinster Nickel Operations analytical laboratories resulting in corrective plans to address the deficiencies identified.
- Determination of the metallurgical accounting procedures for the physicals database for WMC Resources Limiteds Nickel Division pending SAP implementation.